We have written a practical handbook on Dementia. The book points out hints on how to care for someone with dementia and also addresses many other subjects which we have dealt with over our experience of 35 years in aged care.
Text books and Chapters
Webb, M., Skinner, J., Hee, L (2014) Stories of Ageing. Elsevier.
Hee, L Continuous Improvement in Aged Care chapter in Johnson and Chang (2014)
Caring for Older People in Australia: Principles for Nursing Practice. John Wiley and sons,
We have presented a variety of topic at conferences including:
- 28th Annual Congress of Alzheimer’s Disease International, Dementia Action for Global Change 18-20 April 2013, Taipei, Taiwan.
- KPJ Medical Conference 2012, Transforming healthcare– private public collaboration’ 5th – 7th October 2012, Selangor, Malaysia.
- 1st World Congress on Healthy Ageing. 19th -22nd March 2012 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre, Malaysia.
- 10th National Emerging Researchers in Ageing Conference Researching: Ageing Transitions. 24-25 November 2011. University of New South Wales, Sydney
- 9th Asia / Oceania Congress of Geriatrics and Gerontology 23 – 27 October 2011, at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre, Melbourne.
- Cutting Edge Research in Ageing” Australian Association of Gerontology, Queensland chapter AGM. Brisbane. August 31, 2011
- 5th International Congress on Innovations in Nursing 2011;Innovation and Leadership in Clinical Practice, Research and Education. 18 – 20 May 2011, Perth Convention Exhibition Centre
- 16th Annual Qualitative Health Research Conference, Vancouver, British Columbia Canada. October 3-5, 2010.
- 11th Annual Advances in Qualitative Methods Conference. Vancouver, British Columbia Canada October 7-8, 2010.
- International Federation on Ageing, 10th Global Conference, Melbourne. May 3-6, 2010